Research shows that 78 million people will become Medicare eligible over the next 20 years, making Medicare one of the fastest growing insurance markets.
1. Get Contracted
We make it easy to get contracted, just fill out our FLASH Packet and the Medicare Offerings department will help you select the most competitive carriers in your area.
2. Complete Annual Testing & Certifications
- Complete AHIP & FWA annual testing.
This is a 50 question open book exam. You are given 3 chances to obtain a grade of 90% or higher to pass.
- Complete annual carrier certifications on product knowledge.
These exams vary by carrier, they are required for Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans prior to being able to sell. Typically, you are given 3 attempts to pass with a score of 85% of higher. The number of questions vary per carrier.
3. Learn About the Products
For your convenience, we offer educational seminars and webinars, as well as tools to help you remember what each carrier has to offer and how they differ.
- Video: Medicare 101
- PDF: Low Income Subsidy Enrollment Assistance with UnitedHealthcare
- PDF: Understanding Medicaid and Special Needs Plans with UnitedHealthcare
4. Order Enrollment Kits and Supplies
Enrollment kits, applications and supplies are available on our website or in our office, as well as on each carrier's online portal. Please visit the Product Information page on our website to see what is available to you by carrier.
5. Start Marketing
- Video: Get Personalized Medicare Marketing Materials with UnitedHealthcare
- PDF: Discover your Medicare prospects.
- PDF: Learn about Medicare Marketing & Compliance
- PDF: Download the Permission to Contact form.
- Opportunity: Start marketing to your current clients, or lead lists. Medicare Open Enrollment is October 15th to December 7th. During this annual enrollment period (AEP) those eligible can make changes to various aspects of their coverage and enroll in new plans.
Becoming a licensed sales agent selling Medicare might seem daunting at first but it will open new doors and opportunities for you – not to mention ensure your sales residuals will keep rolling in for years to come! Contact the Medicare Offerings department or leave a comment below with your questions.